Thanks to its 2 glaciers and high altitude considered one of the most snow reliable resorts in the Alps.
Information about the Resort
The ski resort Sölden is located in the Ötztal Valley, western part of Tirol. Thanks to the resort altitude and 2 glaciers it’s considered one of the most snow reliable resorts in the Alps. The slopes are situated between the elevations of 1,350 and 3,340 m boasting biggest vertical in Austria. The excellent snow cover on its Rettenbachfern and Tiefenbachfern glacier ski areas enables the traditional kick-off of the Alpine World Cup at the end of October. One of the biggest highlights are the “BIG 3” three thousand meter peaks of Gaislachkogl (3,058 m), Tiefenbachkogl (3,250 m) and Schwarze Schneide (3,340 m) are accessed with modern cable car lifts and offering a breath-taking panorama stretching as far as the Italian Dolomiti. The new addition to Solden’s attractions is 007 ELEMENTS— a cinematic installation dedicated to the world of James Bond. The installation focuses on the most recent film, Spectre, which was shot in Sölden, but also showcases the other titles in the 24-film series.
Seemingly endless slopes of all difficulty levels, a gastronomic offering that leaves no wish unanswered and numerous events throughout the winter make the Sölden ski resort a unique and complete holiday destination.
Munich: 230km, apprx 3h
Vienna: 600km, apprx 6h
Milan: 390km, apprx 5h
Zurich: 275km, apprx 3h30min
Pros and Cons
- Modern lifts
- Extremely wide,beginner friendly slopes, especially at the Glaciers and Giggijoch area
- Endless possibilities for freeriding
- Beautiful panorama from the Big 3
- Dynamic Apres ski scene
- Electric Mountain Party Venue
- Nearby Obergurg/Hochgurgl resort perfect for a one day trip
- Perfect snow conditions starting from October till May
- Due to high attitude it may get chilly on the glaciers (up to -20)
- Long transfer times
- 007 Elements
- Aqua Dome - Therme Langenfeld
- A more little more snow
- Ice Skating
- Ski Tours
- Ice Climbing
- Carriage rides
- Stuibenfall waterfall
- Obergurgl motorcycle museum
Our Tours to the Sölden
This tour is clearly suited for skiing cracks. You will have the chance to ski a total of 800 (!) slope kilometers across 4 different resorts.
- Duration: 14-21 of December, 9 days, 8 days of skiing
The Sölden ski area ranks among the most renowned ski areas in the Alps. Altitutes of up to 3340 meters above sea level ensure that the glacier there is covered with a large amount of high-quality snow, making it an ideal venue for the FIS Ski World Cup in October.
- Duration: 19-26 of October, 8 days
March is perfect for winter holidays and Laax is unforgettable destination for beginners and advanced skiers alike. Join us and let’s have some fun!
- Duration: 8 days, 14-21 March 2020